While my husband is utterly in love with the Dark Chocolate & Almond granola, I felt it was time to shake things up a bit and come up with a NEW favorite 😉 I happen to see this on Minimalist Baker (one of my favorite GF/vegan websites), and couldn’t wait to try it out!
After ditching processed foods I NEVER go down the cereal aisle in the grocery store anymore, but if I were to be honest, I do sometimes miss PB Cap’n Crunch and Reese’s Puffs. So is this granola just as good as the processed cereals?? YES. YES. YES. Even better in fact, as you know you are eating something that is not only tasty, but also healthy and free of chemicals 😉
This granola comes together super fast and is DELICIOUS. It can easily be made Gluten free or vegan, and my only regret was in not making a double batch. Don’t be like me, learn from my mistake.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Granola – adapted from Minimalist Baker
3 cups rolled oats
2 TBLS ground flax seed (or more oats)
2 TBLS seasame seeds (or more oats)
1 TBLS sugar
2-3 TBLS coconut oil, olive oil, or butter (don’t use butter if you need this to be vegan)
rounded 1/4 cup of smooth peanut butter
2 TBLS honey (or all maple syrup to keep it vegan)
1 TBLS maple syrup (or all honey)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup of chopped chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 320 degrees and have a large baking sheet ready. I line mine with parchment paper for easy clean-up, but it’s not necessary.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients and stir.
3. in a small pot over medium heat, combine the next 5 ingredients (or 4, if you are strictly using just 1 sweetner) and stir until well blended and the peanut butter is completely melted.
4. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the oats and mix well, making sure everytihing is as evenly coated as possible.
5. Then pour the granola onto your baking sheet, spread it out evenly, and bake for about 20-23 minutes until golden brown. Make sure to stir the granola about 10-12 minutes in, so that the oats near the edge of the pan don”t burn.
6. Allow it to cool completely before mixing in the chopped chocolate chips! The granola can then be stored in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks, or placed in the freezer if you need it longer then that.