Part of my “easy-peasy” series of recipes, tested out for a friend of mine that, shall we say, was not born a Martha Stewart in the kitchen. Simple, fast, practically fail proof.
These were created to go along with this dairy free ice cream, but any ice cream will do!
These come out tender and cake-like and can be frozen in a ziploc bag until needed, or up to 1-2 months.
Gluten Free chocolate cake cookies- makes 8-10:
1 tbls cocoa powder
1/2 cup Pamela’s GF pancake & baking mix
2 tbls brown sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tbls oil (coconut, olive, or even butter)
1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees & line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside, do NOT grease it!
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together well.
- In a smaller bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients well.
- pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl, blend until well mixed.
- Spoon out a heaping tablespoon full of batter onto the baking sheet, leaving about an inch of space between each cookie.
- bake for 8 minutes, or until nice and set. take out of the oven, allow to cool for a couple minutes, then use a spatula to gently get them off the parchment paper and place on a cooling rack.
- once completely cool they are ready for ice cream!
- if you are FREEZING them, make sure to place a layer of wax paper inbetween them so they do not stick to each other.