We don’t eat a whole lot of fish other then Tilapia (or Salmon), and this happens to be one of most favorite ways to prepare it! It’s quick, SO so easy, and so tasty, my whole family loves it! It takes less then 20 minutes from start to finish, and by “finish” I mean ready to eat! Serve this with a complimentary rice side dish (plain is fine too) or a hearty salad.
p.s. this tastes FANTASTIC on salmon as well!! I add just a little extra lemon and put the sauce on a little earlier to keep the salmon from drying out.
Baked Tilapia with Parmesan Mayo and Lemon Sauce (serves 6-8)
- 8 tilapia filets, thawed
- 1-2 TBLS of melted butter
- 2 TBLS sliced green onion OR regular white onion
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese-packed
- 3 TBLS Hellmans or Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1 TBLS lemon juice
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning or dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste (I use about 1/4 tsp of Emeril seasoning salt)
- a few dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet with foil, then place the tilapia fillets on to it, without overlapping. Place the cookie sheet in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Fish should just about be done, it should be a uniform solid (opaque) white color. If the center of the fillets still look a little pinkish or transparent, give it another 2-3 minutes.
- When fish looks just done, take the pan out and spread the sauce on top of all the fillets.
- Place the pan on the TOP rack and BROIL at 400 degrees for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce is nice and bubbly.
- Serve while hot.