I first fell in love with Artichoke dip when I had it at Kincaid’s, the one in Bloomington, MN. These was soooooo good and had crab in it, and unlike other “artichoke” dips, it doesn’t contain any spinach and it not salty or gritty. It’s smooth, creamy, but still light in consistency and not over-the-top rich. It’s a dangerous dip to be sure, as you could finish it all off yourself without a problem, haha. It is so popular, that for a while they even published the recipe on their website, though I don’t see it there now. It’s officially called “Kincaid’s Dungeness Crab and Artichoke Dip” and is definitely worth trying. It’s delicious served with crostini or a warm tender bread brushed with olive oil and garlic and then lightly toasted.
I haven’t tried a ton of Artichoke Dips at other restaurants, but of the others that I have (3-4 maybe), NONE of them even compared and some were just not worth eating. So I stopped ordering it from other restaurant all together and just decided to stick to Kincaids or make it myself.
However, for the times when you don’t have crab on hand (as it is costly) and are looking for something a little simpler, this is a great variation that I love to zap up in the microwave! It’s no replacement for the Kincaid’s version, but it’s certainly crave-worthy and gets 5 stars for how simple it is to whip up! Great with crostini, toasted garlic bread, even club crackers or Ritz. Heck, pair this with a soft and thick pita and your set. Want to keep it low carb? Serve with a raw veggie tray.
Ultra Easy Microwave Artichoke Dip recipe (serves 2-3):
- 1.5 oz. of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of shredded fresh Parmesan cheese (Kraft grated is ok too, but cut down to 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
- pinch of black pepper
- 7 small artichoke hearts, quartered
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat the cream cheese at 50% power for 20 seconds, or until it is warm.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and add in all of the other ingredients, mix well.
- Put the bowl back in the microwave and place a paper town over the bowl. Heat it at 70% powder for 90 seconds to 2 minutes, or until nice and hot.
- Serve with crackers and breads, even veggie sticks!