As with any way of eating, there are always a few “Staples” that one has on hand, and for me it is the sauces and veggies. I never did name the sauce used for my Fish Tacos, but I figured now would be a good time to do so, and I decided to call it Creamy Citrus Dressing, as really that what it is to me and I can’t think of another name. So for this dish you’ll need the sauce recipe, just click on the Fish Tacos link above, and then the Salmon patties/burgers below, which come together in a snap!
And for those who really don’t like the Creamy Citrus dressing (how could you not?!?) the alternative dressing to this is pretty tasty on the salmon patty itself (and of course with buns for those not low-carbing it), though not sure how it tastes mixed with the slaw.
Low-Carb Salmon Burgers/Patties recipe:
- 1- 7oz. can of skinless and boneless salmon-drained
- 1 Tbls Hellman’s mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon wedge
- a little salt and pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and blend well. Don’t worry if it seems a too moist, it will form a crust and dry up a little on the pan.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add a little olive oil or butter.
- Form the salmon mix into 3-4 patties, just like hamburger patties. Add them to the pan and cook for a few minutes, until a brown crust forms. Flip them over and cook until a crust a forms on that side as well.
- Serve on top of cole slaw (shredded cabbage) that has been mixed with the Creamy Citrus dressing.
- Alternative Dressing: mix about 2 Tbls of mayo with 1 tsp of dijon mustard and the juice of 1 lemon wedge. Mix well and then adjust to your liking.